Certified Relocation and Transition Specialist™ Guidelines
CRTS™ Certification was established in 2004 to advance the quality of the unregulated senior transition and relocation industry by assuring that an individual has the competence to perform quality services. This is accomplished through a standardized examination that tests the skills, knowledge, and ethics needed to serve consumers.
CRTS™ credential is granted to individuals as opposed to companies, much like CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or
CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designations.
CRTS™ certificants include aging services specialists, senior living administrators, home care providers, movers, move managers, professional organizers, home staging professionals, real estate agents and brokers, auctioneers and other individuals who participate in the high touch, high harm aspects of senior relocation and home transition.
To earn the CRTS™ designation and to become a member of the CRTS™ Professional Registry, one must meet Eligibility Requirements below, complete the Application and pass the CRTS™ Exam, administered by Meaningful Measurement, Inc.
In addition to possessing a High School diploma (GED), candidates must fulfill at least ONE of the four eligibility options below in order to meet the requirement and be eligible for the CRTS™ Exam.
- Have one of the following approved credentials:
- CSA, Certified Senior Advisor
- SRES, Senior Real Estate Specialist
- CSP®, Certified Staging Professionals
- CAPS, Certified Age in Place Specialist
- CMC, Care Manager Certified
- CCM, Certified Case Manager
- CPO®, Certified Professional Organizer
- CPO-CD, Chronic Disorganization
- CES, Certified Estate Specialist
- GCM, Geriatric Care Manager
- cSMM, Certificate in Senior Move Management
- CAC™, Certified Alzheimer Caregiver™
- CAEd™, Certified Alzheimer Educator™
- Possess a certificate or degree in a field related to working with seniors from an accredited college, university or institution
- Have two years paid experience working with seniors
- Complete a Senior Relocation/Senior Move/Senior Transition training course
Annual recertification fees are currently $45 per year. There are no other fees. Certificants are required to maintain 4 CEUs per year. Individuals are encouraged to find local and online programs that minimize costs. Trade association partners provide CE opportunities throughout the year.