On the Day of Your Exam
- On the day of your exam you will receive an email from our proctoring company containing the information needed to connect to your computer and webcam remotely.
- You are allowed two pieces of blank paper and a calculator while taking your exam. When your exam is concluded, you will be required to destroy your scratch paper.
- You are allowed a No. 2 pencil only. No pens will be permitted to be used during the exam.
- You will be monitored via webcam during your exam. Please present yourself accordingly in proper attire, and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- The connection to your computer is made using an application which you will download to your computer. Once connected, our online proctor will communicate with you via a chat feature.
- The online proctor will ask you to show your IDs and scan your desk and room. In other words, your webcam needs to be mobile enough to turn it 360 degrees so the online proctor can see the entire room.
- Candidates using built in webcams will be required to show the front of their computer or laptop monitor. Candidates may use a mirror or a cell phone set in selfie mode to do so. If unable to show the front of their monitor, the candidate will not be allowed to proceed to the exam.
The online proctor will direct you to the instructions/policies pertaining to your exam; then set up your exam.
- No other person can be in the room while you take the exam, and the room must be free of clutter, including food and drink.
- No television, radio or any other distraction is allowed during the exam.
- No electronic devices are permitted. This includes, but is not limited to, cell phones, smart phones, personal media devices, tablets, televisions, radios, etc.
- You will not be permitted to leave your seat during this exam, including bathroom breaks. Make sure you are ready to sit for the entire duration of the exam uninterrupted.
- No talking is permitted.
- Your online proctor will only be able to assist with limited technical issues to start your exam. If any technical issues arise and/or the internet connection is lost, the exam freezes, or your exam is terminated for any reason, you must open a service ticket with our proctor, passmyexam.net. Once reviewed by CRTS™ and NCBAC™, a decision as to whether this counts as a valid attempt will be made.
Any attempt to compromise the security and integrity of the exam (cheating, copying content, policy violations, etc.) may result in immediate termination of the exam and forfeiture of future exam attempts. Keep in mind you are being recorded the entire time.